The family who filed the complaint with the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario is the only source of commentary on this page. You are allowed to research the subject and form your own conclusions. Since we are unable to see in the minds of those invovled, we are unable to declare that our opinions are fact. Every opinion here is predicated on what we believe to be the best and most reasonable and logical case scenario.
The District School Board of Niagara (DSBN) and Warren Hoshizaki have a very long history of using discriminatory, repressive and sexist employment practices. And we cannot dismiss any of instances of their racism, oppression and sexist behavior. It MUST be taken into account while attempting to ascertain if such discriminatory, oppressive and sexist behavior was present and employed against any person or student when a indivudal; brings a complaint against the DSBN and its workforce.
Nobody, including the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario is permitted to disregard any prior actions of racism, oppression and sexism against others as a lone incident when it involves the DSBN and its workforce. Any act of the aforementioned is unforgivable because racism is racism, and sexism is sexism. Past behavior is always up for discussion and provides evidence that it is still present within the DSBN culture.
This Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario compliant will establish that the DSBN and Warren Hoshizaki have;
- a. deliberately created an Organizational Whiteness workforce within the DSBN with their White Staffing practices.
- b. deliberately created a bias culture and environment at the DSBN that is tolerant and accepts the White Staffing practice that was created to maintain the Organizational Whiteness workforce.
- c. used sexist recruiting methods that purposefully marginalize and oppress men when selecting candidates to fill open positions within the DSBN.
- d. engaged in intentional gender discrimination and fostered a culture bias inside the DSBN and its workforce against males individuals.
- e. produced sexist promotional channels that purposely oppressed male individuals, resulting in a dearth of male representation in the DSBN workforce, leadership roles and positions of substantial authority.
- f. through their hiring methods which purposefully oppress racialized individuals and groups while filling for job openings, have intentionally developed a racist, discriminatory and cultural bias among the DSBN workforce.
- g. intentionally engaged in gender discrimination and cultural bias by constructing career paths that intentionally oppress racialized individuals and groups and as a result there is a practically a non-existent group of racialized individuals in leadership positions and positions of significant authority.
- h. in an effort to secure job prospects for its manufactured Organizational Whiteness DSBN workforce they have purposefully constructed a racist, discriminatory, and culturally biased recruiting practice that was aimed to intentionally oppress racialized individuals and groups.
This Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario compliant will also establish the DSBN, Warren Hoshizaki, Mary Anne Gage, Christopher McInnis, Jacqueline Ravazzolo, Janice Sargeant, Kevin Elzinga, Cameron Stone, Kevin Maddalena, Leanne Smith, Neil Sheard and S. Masterson have;
- a. intentionally engaging in discriminatory, oppressive and anti-Black racial behavior while continuously failing to shield and protect a Black child/student from being targeted with verbal abuse, insults and physical assaults from Caucasian students while enrolled and attending the DSBN Connaught Public School.
- b. deliberately failed to adequately investigate the targeted verbal abuse and insults and physical assaults directed at a Black child/student by other Caucasian students while enrolled and attending the DSBN Connaught Public School.
- c. acted with discriminatory, oppressive and anti-Black racism behavior when deliberately attempted to protect and cover up the hatful and aggressive behavior involving a Black child/student from other Caucasian students while attending and enrolled at the DSBN Connaught Public School.
d. deliberately planned to fabricate a lies in an effort to protect and cover up the discriminatory, oppressive, and anti-Black racism behavior of DSBN employees and their racist interaction with a Black child/student while attending the DSBN Connaught Public School.
- e. maliciously and intentionally attempting to impede and withhold a Black child/student from receiving the necessary aid and services needed to get a fair and equal education while enrolled at the DSBN’s Connaught Public School.
- f. refused to conduct a fair and thorough investigation of their DSBN Caucasian employees discriminatory, oppressive and anti-Black behavior in regards to their interactions with a Black child/student.
- g. deliberately attempted to protect and cover up the racist behavior of DSBN Caucasian employees discriminatory, oppressive and anti-Black behavior in regards to their interactions with a Black child/student.